Buy 10 Windows & Get 2 Free!
Whether you’ve just purchased a new home or your current dwelling has seen better days, add a bit of sparkle and shine to your residence with convenient, affordable window replacement. For over 55 years, the professional team at Nationwide Builders & Remodelers have been committed to making the area’s homes look and feel beautiful. Conveniently located in Levittown, PA, we provide a full range of renovation and remodeling services to homeowners throughout the Philadelphia metro and Princeton, NJ areas. In fact, we’ve do a large amount of window replacements in the Princeton NJ area alone!
Choosing to make your home more attractive and energy-efficient is as simple as replacing your old, drafty windows with materials designed to enhance the look and performance of your home for years to come. Over 30% of energy lost each year is due to windows that are ill-fitting, incorrectly sized, or have developed gaps and cracks due to aging. Investing in energy-efficient alternatives is one of the easiest and most cost-effective ways to reduce your heating and cooling bills, since the upgrade very quickly pays for itself.
Make your next window replacement a fast, affordable, and effortless one with a phone call to the expert technicians at Nationwide Builders & Remodelers. Don’t spend another season with exorbitant energy bills and a home that doesn’t consistently feel comfortable and enjoyable. Simply schedule a consultation with our experts today, and enjoy comfort and convenience for years to come!
Window Replacement Factors to Consider
Selecting your replacement windows on your project will be designed to make your house a more comfortable place to live as well as making it more energy efficient. You may get the chance, too, to change the size of your windows or change their style and what they’re made of. If you change from wood framed to vinyl framed windows, they may be simpler to maintain.
When you replace your windows, this becomes a good time to decide which windows are best for the part of the home you are remodeling. Think about materials and shape as well as how the window is to open. In fact, here are six different types of windows:
- Windows that don’t open are called fixed panel. It can be made of a single pane or several sections of panes. Framed glass blocks are possible. This type of window is made in a variety of sizes and shapes. They are optimal for basement windows, large panels in sun rooms, and in highly decorative type of windows.
- You can open an awning window by swinging the panel upward, having it act an awning to the outside. These can work by turning a crank to open the window, among other ways. Some are just manually pushed open and, when upward, they are braced or latched into the right position.
- Casement windows are opened via a crank that swings the window out from the center to the outside. Such windows are used in places where one cannot reach or slide a window either up or down because of access problems (like over a sink).
- A double hung window is created out of two panes which are partially overlapping or are windows that move up and down on a track located at the sides of the frame. Many are designed to have one or more panes open inward for proper cleaning of the panes.
- A single hung window functions exactly like a double hung window with the exception that only the lower pain is able to move up and down or to tilt. They are used in similar situations as double hung types.
- A sliding type window is opened by sliding a pane in front of or behind another pane. Such windows are commonly were used frequently at one time. They are used today in remodeling projects or new construction where there isn’t enough vertical space for other types of windows.
You can find any one of these window types in a variety of designs and materials so that the right window for any window remodeling project can be found. Do some planning in order to select the right window for each part of your remodeling project.
OK, now that you know why remodeling windows are such good ideas, it’s time to talk a little more about the process and where to start. First, you need an experienced company that can perform the work properly at a price you can afford.If you live in the Philadelphia area or in Central/Southern New Jersey, you may qualify for services offered by Nation-Wide Building & Remodeling, LLC.